What is TG-Max?
How to use Lite features
How to use Pro features
TG-Max is a MaxScript for 3DS Max which allows camera and lighting data to be transferred between 3D Studio Max and Terragen. The program is broken into two versions; Lite and Pro. Lite is free(for non-commercial use only) and includes simple features to export camera data from 3DS Max (limited to 100 frames), import terrain geometry, as well as controls for animating camera zoom and banking. Pro version ($30 for commercial use) includes features to control and animate sun, longitude, latitude, time of day controls, panorama script creation, water preview, and network rendering.
- Export of 3DS Max camera data to Terragen scripts (.tgs).
- Import of Terragen scripts (.tgs) into 3DS Max.
- Import of Terragen (Terrain data) in OBJ format.
- Terrain scaling for sizing imported terrain to different scale sizes.
- Camera FOV (Field of View) conversion to Terragen Zoom format.
- Animate camera heading, pitch and banking.
- Animate camera zoom.
TG-Max: Pro (Includes all features of Lite)
- Sunlight setup for sun heading and altitude.
- Sunlight animation.
- Network rendering setup – simply breaks large script into up to 10 pieces (or scripts), which can be rendered on multiple computers (has to be setup manually though.)
- HDR panorama script creation (makes bracketed exposure cubic panorama format.) Camera Cube can be setup in 3DS Max using imported terrain.
- Water level setup which includes animatad water level.
- Setup sun heading and altitude based on world longitude, latitude, location, and time of day and year (similar to Solaris plugin).
- Cloud animation.
- Animate camera exposure.
- Sunlight color animation.
- Model terrain or tweak imported Terragen terrain and export as 2D heightfield map in Terragen.
TG-Max: Lite - FUTURE
- Camera import.
TG-Max: Pro - FUTURE
- Network render status preview. Preview network render images as they render. See what last frame time was, average time, time started, current frame rendering, percent time left, time remaining, etc.
- Import Terragen surface map.
How to use - Lite Features:
How to use - Pro Features:
Buy - Register
To Install either drag-drop MSE file into 3DS Max or copy file to 3DS Max folder scripts/startup . Open Utility panel, MaxScript, and click on TG-Max.
Requires 3DS Max and Terragen. Tested on 3DS Max 4.2 and 5.1. Terrain import requires plugins: For Export Only from Jo Meder and Obj2Max Version 4.0 from Hab.
Please email me if you have any questions, bugs, or future feature ideas regarding TG-Max. There is also a message board for TG-Max at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TG-Max/ to announce new versions, bug reporting, tips, ideas, etc.
Click to subscribe to TG-Max
TG-Max was created by myself, Mark Sporleder. Originally used for freelance graphics and animation work for the past two years, I've finally decided to make it publicly available. If you have any comments, concerns or questions, please email me regarding TG-Max.
I'd like to thank the following people for their help and advice in creating TG-Max.
- Hab for Obj2Max.
- Jo Meder for help, advice and For Export Only.
- Matt Fairclough for creating Terragen, and inspiration to create TG-Max
- Swami for advice with MaxScript.
- Graham Cristie for help with beta testing.
- Ofer Zelichover for help with MaxScript.
© Mark Sporleder 2003, all rights reserved